Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm Back!!!

Hello Everyone!

I'm safely back from Singapore. I arrived last week, and it has literally taken me a week to finally adjust myself to the Hawaii Time Zone again (Singapore is 18 hours ahead!).

After this entry, I will post two more. The first will be the Hakujin Perspective that I wrote while in Singapore. The second will be an essay that I had to write on why I want to attain my Tokudo.

In the meantime, I have some exciting news. Next week Sunday, a week from today, I'll be leading Sunday service ALL BY MYSELF! Rev Kevin has business elsewhere, so it's all me. This is really a huge deal, at least for me. I will be up on the altar and leading the chanting of the Juseige, Vandana and Ti-Sarana, and delivering a sermon. I'm really nervous, and I feel vastly under-qualified. But, Sensei says I have to do it, so that's that.

I also have an important interview at the end of the month with the Ministerial Training Committee. After the interview, the committee will officially decide whether or not I will be trained to become a Tokudo minister (hence the essay to follow). The big issue that I'm up against is that I want to be a military chaplain, which means I won't necessarily be working for the Hawaii Kyodan. So of course, there are bureaucratic issues with the Hawaii Kyodan training me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, it's great to be back! Stay tuned for more!

In Gassho,
-Hank

No comments:

Post a Comment